Congressman Tom McClintock (R-Thousand Oaks) has the distinction of being California’s most traveled Member of Congress. He represented Los Angeles County in the State Senate until this northeastern district opened up. 400 miles later, he’s picked up where he left off in the state legislature, becoming the most rigidly ideological member of the California Republican delegation. McClintock believes government can’t help people, and he spends every waking moment in Congress trying to prove it. To his credit, he’s actually hosted town halls this year, where he has insulted immigrants and women with abandon. This district includes one of California’s most popular tourist destinations and one of America’s most heavily protected bodies of water, Lake Tahoe, which he does almost nothing to help. The people of the 4th could do a lot better.
Congressman McClintock has consistently voted against Medicaid, yet:
- 22% of the children in CA-04 are on Medicaid or CHIP, and
- 13% of the adults in CA-04 are on Medicaid
Congressman McClintock has consistently voted against the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), which helps families in need provide healthy food for children and seniors, yet:
- 17,589 households in CA-04 receive SNAP, and 37.5% of them have a senior 60 or older in the household and 43.6% of them have a child under 18
Congressman McClintock voted dozens of times to repeal the Affordable Care Act, even though it has contributed to a substantial increase in the number of insured CA-04 residents:
- Drop In Uninsured Rate Thanks to the Affordable Care Act in CA-04: 58.2%, from 12.2% to 5.1%
- Number of CA-04 Residents Covered Under the ACA’s Medicaid Expansion: 39,600
- Number of CA-04 Residents Covered Through the ACA’s Marketplace Under Covered California: 23,600
Congressman McClintock has accepted $95,156 from the NRA.
How You Can Reach Congressman McClintock:
Washington, DC Office: (202) 225-2511
Roseville District Office: (916) 786-5560
Facebook Accounts: Government Page, Campaign Page (He is somewhat active on his government account)
Twitter Accounts: Government Page, Campaign Page (He is very active on his government account)